Sunday 15 January 2012


Interview with Gustaf about the Caligola show in Zürich:



Mando Diao will come to Switzerland - but undercover. As a part of the international artist collective Caligola the two bandleader will perform on Jan 22nd in Zurich. The new band will have their first live-appearance ever. 

“I have no idea what will come out”, Gustaf tells. ''The audience will attend a birth. …and all of us know: that’s pretty disgusting, but at the same time gorgeous”, says Gustaf.

Since two years now he and Björn are members of Caligola. “It’s like a playground for us. With Caligola we can carry out ideas that landed in the waste with Mando Diao”.  But Mando Diao is still alive. “Both bands are equally important for us. It’s just like we had two children”. 
Right now the Swedes record a new album in Stockholm. And with a bit of luck the audience in Zurich will even hear some Mando Diao songs: “But only at the aftershow party. Provided that we’re drunken enough”, says Gustaf laughing.


9 comments:

  1. Don't you think you should give a source where you got this information from or let's say where you copied the translation?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see how good you are at copying...
    It's a bit unfair to simply steal other peoples translations, isn't it?

    I'd be glad if you'd post a link the next time you're stealing from my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're publishing it on the internet you shouldnt be suprised if someone 'steals' it. I just found it on the mando tag without looking who posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyway 10 people reblogged that, so you should write them all, that they've 'stolen' it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. shouldn't you be happy if someone likes your translation? as it seems not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should start looking on who posted it then,...
      I mean have you ever heard about copy right?

      And if somebody REBLOGS it, it's still something else, isn't it? Because on tumblr you can actually see where it's from.

      And of course I'm happy you liked it.
      But now it looks like you did that translation, and that's actually something I don't like, because you just copied it. ;)

      Delete
  6. I think the main thing on tumblr is also about the sources. How would you feel if someones steals your pic or something? And I'm pretty sure you've seen who wrote it unless you're not blind.. And pleease if you reblog it the source isn't disappearing. That's no big thing, I mean it's "just" a translation but think of Guttenberg, he did the same or?! I don't want to sound rude, it's just that shouldn't be. People take the time to do something and others "steal" it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh please. Sure I have heard of that and you don't have to come up at anonymous and yourself. I even understand it if one profile writes it?
    And I know how tumblr works. You don't have to explain that!

    And I haven't even read the original interview ( I didn't know its in German and not English ). If you write a translation then they it the next time ;)( I checked your blog, no where it says you wrote it yourself, and understand this as a compliment: the translation is at least as good as an original interview in English! so why should I recognize it's yours? )

    But I don't want to keep on fighting, so: We are sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's actually not me. It's a good friend of mine, and I'm glad she supports me ;)
    ...

    Well, actually I just tagged it with something like 'translated by myself' or stuff like that. I didn't want to write it right in the post.
    But... it's okay. I have the same opinion like you have - we should stop fighting. :) :)

    ReplyDelete